What this policy covers
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
We will collect data about you, both personal data (such as your name and contact details) and also sensitive personal data (such as information in your CV). The personal data and sensitive personal data will be stored, processed, used and disclosed by us in the following ways:
- to provide our recruitment services to you and to facilitate the recruitment process;
- to assess data about you against vacancies which we judge may be suitable for you;
- to send your information to clients in order to apply for jobs or to assess your eligibility for jobs;
- to enable you to submit your CV, apply online for jobs or to subscribe to alerts about jobs we think may be of interest to you;
- to market our, full range of consulting, training, recruitment and managed service services to you;
- to enable us to develop and market other products and services, to improve our customer service and to make our services more valuable to you (including tailoring our website and our group companies websites when you log on to enrich your personal online experience)
- to send you details of reports, promotions, offers, networking and client events and general information about the industry sectors which we think might be of interest to you;
- to answer your questions and enquiries;
- to third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our clients have requested, such as references, qualifications and criminal reference checking services, verification of the details you have provided from third party source, psychometric evaluation or skill tests;
- to third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business systems, research and mailing houses and outsourcing partners.
- to regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or in connection with legal proceedings.
- to use your information on an ammonised basis to monitor compliance with our equal opportunities policy.
From time to time we may seek your consent to process, use or disclose your information for any other purpose not listed above.
We may also pass your information to Linea Group companies, in order that they may use your personal information in the same way as we process, use and disclose your information as described above.
Where will your information be held. Where will it be accessible from?
How do I find out what information is held? Can I amend, modify or request my information to be deleted? Can I unsubscribe to your services?
You may request us to confirm what information we hold about you at any time and may request us to modify, update or delete such information. We may ask you to verify your identity and to provide more information regarding your request. We also have the right to charge an administrative fee for this service. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and will provide you reasons for doing so. We will seek to act on your request in the timescale required by the applicable data protection laws.
You may request to unsubscribe from job alerts and marketing material at any time. If you wish to contact us with respect to the above matters please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long will my information be held for?
We are required by law to hold your information for as long as is necessary to comply with our statutory and contractual obligations and in accordance with our legitimate interests as a data controller.
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that your personal data is maintained and up to date. However, you are under a duty to inform us of any and all changes to your personal data to ensure that it is up to date and we will update or delete your personal data accordingly.
Sending us information over the internet
Your information is held on servers hosted by us or our internet services provider. The nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the internet.
How we collect and aggregate information about visitors to our websites
We also collect information about the way jobseekers and visitors use this website in order to improve our services. We do not use information gained in a way that any individual can be identified, and only use it to understand our users better, and to determine aggregate trends, most popular pages, etc, for all the website’s users. We may share this kind of aggregate data with selected third parties to assist with these purposes. We may also undertake marketing profiling to help us identify services or jobs which may be of interest to you.
A cookie is a small data file which is sent from a web server to a web browser when that browser visits the server’s site.
Cookies are used on our website to remember your login to track web traffic on an aggregate basis (i.e. no individuals are identified), to track campaigns and to keep session information such as your last search. Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. However, switching off cookies will likely restrict your use of our website.
Links to other websites
What if you don’t agree with this policy?
If you do not agree to our processing of your data in the manner outlined below, please do not submit any personal data to us.
Who controls the data that you provide?
Linea Group Limited and its operating affiliates are registered as data controllers in the United Kingdom for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. We ensure that the data you supply to us is processed fairly and lawfully, and with skill and care and used only for the purposes set out in this policy.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or want more details about how we use your personal data, please let us know. We’ve provided a few different ways for you to do this, so please pick the one you would prefer to use:
Telephone: +44 (0) 1244 421095
Address: Marketing Team, Linea Group Ltd, Capability Green, The Old Baths, Parkgate, Cheshire, CH64 6RL
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can use the relevant section of the Information Commissioner’s Office website to do this.